Sunday, November 18, 2007

from 20 minute pose to larger painting



What luck to have a pregnant model at the Anacortes figure drawing group! My friend Dick doesn't see what the appeal is, but I guess he's never been pregnant.....Here is a quick 20 minute pose oil on 12 x 16 panel. I didn't quite know what to do with the side view back pose, so I added the reflection in the mirror behind and included a bit of a self portrait, painting the painting in the mirror. I like the concept of figure and reflection. So at Dick's suggestion I decided to enlarge the composition into a 24 by 30" canvas. Sometimes it doesn't quite work out to enlarge the composition, in this case the proportions aren't quite the same, but I like the exaggerated perspective. Almost done. Small study is available unframed $250
24 x 30 oil on canvas is available $975.
For inquiries please phone me at toll free at 1 866 374 4272

2 comments:

Suzy said...

I love this! The colors and the reflection add to the composition. 20 minutes. You amaze!

Annie Howell-Adams said...

Thanks Suzy,
a very Matisse-like painting!